Monday, June 4, 2012

Zooey Deschanel

Zooey Deschanel

Zooey Deschanel

Zooey Deschanel

Zooey Deschanel

Zooey Deschanel

Zooey Deschanel

32 year-old New Girl star Zooey Deschanel is part of People Magazine’s Most Beautiful in 2012 list and she was brave enough to pose for the magazine without any make-up on. Here’s what she says about her looks and style:

    I’ve gotten more comfortable with my looks as the years have gone on. All the things I like about myself go along with my flaws. I just have to accept those things.

    I put on sunblock in the morning and use organic stuff like Josie Maran, John Masters Organics and Clark’s Botanicals. But I love dark eye makeup. It’s stylized and evokes a certain era.

New Girl‘s Zooey Deschanel is part of the Celebs That Were Bullied as Kids Club:

    She was a chubby kid, and she was bullied: At 12 she was “chubby,” which made her a target of bullies. “I was ridiculed. I still have in me the same awareness when I was 12 and chubby and a girl was spitting in my face. I’m the same person. Certainly you change, and you change perspective, you have other experiences. But isn’t it funny – I can still remember when I was treated differently from the way I’m treated now…I really don’t know why she spit at me. I just talked to her. I guess I wasn’t allowed to talk to her. I remember I couldn’t believe it.” The moment was searing, scarring, but ultimately transformative. It inspired Deschanel to reimagine herself, and over the next year, she carefully, painstakingly recast her persona, becoming more open, more empathic, less “stubborn.” She also shed 30 pounds. “All of a sudden,” she says, “everybody treated me differently.”

… says 32 year-old Zooey in Marie Claire this month.

zooey deschanel is an American actress, musician, singer and songwriter born on 17th January 1980 in Los Angeles, California. She made her movie debut in Mumford in 1999. She gained fame after her performance in All the Real Girls, Elf , Winter Passing etc. Her father Caleb Deschanel is a Academy Award nominated cinematographer and director and her mother Mary Jo Deschanel is an actress.

Zooey Deschanel is set to star in Fox's new series "New Girl" about a girl who transforms herself by moving in with 3 male roommates, but Deschanel underwent a transformation herself over the years.

Before she became known as that pretty, quirky girl, Deschanel was a daughter of director Caleb Deschanel and actress Mary Jo Deschanel. She planned to pursue musical theater as a career, in light of her apt for playing keyboard and percussion, before deciding to be an actress.

Her first breakthrough role came in 2000's "Almost Famous," in which she played Anita, the troubled sister of William Miller. After some supporting roles in "Failure to Launch" and "The Happening," she starred in "Yes Man" and "(500) Days of Summer."

Zooey Deschanel, also a singer and songwriter, teamed up with M. Ward to release two albums, "Volume One" released in 2008 and "Volume Two" in 2010.

Her sister is Emily Deschanel, star of "Bones," and Zooey is married to Death Cab for Cutie frontman Ben Gibbard.

"New Girl" starring Zooey Deschanel will premiere on Fox Sept. 20 at 9 p.m. EST.

View the slideshow to see Zooey Deschanel's transfomation over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment